The Municipal Law Enforcement Officer responds to by-law enforcement complaints with regards to the Township's Fill By-Law, Clean & Clear By-Law, Sign By-Law, Fireworks By-Law, and Parking By-Law.
With the exception of in-progress Fill Operations, all complaints regarding By-law Enforcement must be submitted in writing or by email to the Director of Building & Enforcement Services on the Confidential Complaint Form
. For more information on By-law Enforcement, please contact the CBO/By-law Enforcement Office at: (705) 434-5055.
At the March 3, 2014 Council meeting, Adjala-Tosorontio Council approved the revised Fill By-Law. Highlights of the new By-Law include:
- A decrease on the amount of fill without a permit from 250 m³ to 100 m³ (9 triaxle loads).
- Topsoil is no longer exempt from requiring a Fill Permit, unless it is under 100 m³.
- Stricter requirements for fill quality control and reporting.
- Requirement to notify neighbouring properties and those along haul routes of proposed fill operations.
- Strict traffic control measures through temporary signage along haul routes and at entrance to property, internal stacking requirements, and prevention of tracking mud and debris out onto roadways.
- Securities now required to cover any damage to roadways and rehabilitating a site if the owner fails to comply with the Fill Permit or Fill By-Law.