The Township of Adjala-Tosorontio is responsible for all municipal roads, ditches, culverts and signage throughout the Municipality. For the King's Highways or County Roads, concerns regarding these roads should be directed to those road authorities.

If you are doing any work on the Municipal road allowance within the Township, you will require a Road Occupancy Permit.

A permit is required for any work being done on a municipal road or right-of-way. There is a fee for the permit. We require 48 hours notice to issue a permit, and if there is to be a road closure, adequate signage and additional safety measures may be required to warn or detour traffic.

If you are carrying an oversized/overweight load within the Township, you will be required to apply for a Wide Load Permit. ​This permit is valid from January 1st through December 31st in the current year and may be applied for through the Public Works department. 

Visit our By-law section for viewing the Roads By-law.

Residents Notice - January 29, 2021

Residents, this is a friendly reminder from the Public Works Department that according to the Ontario Highway Traffic Act Section 181 states; "No person shall deposit snow or ice on a roadway without the permission in writing to do so from the Ministry or the road authority responsible for the maintenance of the road. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 181".

As well, the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio Roads By-law 12-31 section 7.1 a) states:

"No person shall, on any road, throw, place or deposit by any means whatsoever, snow, building material, dirt, glass, handbills, paper, skateboard ramps, portable basketball nets, hockey nets or other rubbish, refuse, or garbage, or carcass of any animal".

Please do your part and do not hinder snow removal by the Township or impact vehicles travelling on the roadway. We appreciate your cooperation.