To ensure your Concern is directed to the appropriate department, please follow the instructions below.

Report a Concern - Municipal By-law
For concerns relating to By-law Enforcement, Building or Planning please use the Cloudpermit submission form. All information submitted is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Complaint Process

The By-law Enforcement department looks into complaints they receive and confirms they are valid. Once a by-law violation is confirmed, the By-law Enforcement department will strive to obtain voluntary compliance with our by-laws through public education and mediation. Complaints unable to be resolved through this method may move to further action, such as Notices and Orders.

Written complaints must be forwarded to the municipality. While the municipality will offer assistance or direction with respect to a By-law concern over the phone, Staff will not initiate an investigation without first receiving the complaint in writing.

How to Submit a By-law Concern through Cloudpermit

The Township of Adjala-Tosorontio is pleased to offer residents Cloudpermit – an online system to submit concerns and complaints. Creating and submitting concerns/complaints through Cloudpermit is quick and easy.

  • Step 1:  Start creating a concern/complaint by selecting the 'Report a Concern - Municipal By-law' button
  • Step 2: Search for a property by typing an address or by moving and zooming on the map. Click on the property to place a pin for the location of the complaint.
  • Step 3: Select 'Create Complaint' from the panel on the right side of the map. Fill in the required information. You can describe the exact location the concern/complaint if it is, for example, outside of the property borders and you want to help the by-law enforcement officer to find the location more easily.
  • Step 4: Verify and ‘Submit’ your concern/complaint for review. Success, you have submitted your concern.

Need help? Visit for answers to commonly asked questions.

OPP - Report a Crime

For concerns relating to speeding, trespassing or after-hour noise complaints contact the OPP Non-emergency line at 1-888-310-1122 or use the OPP Online Reporting Tool.